The South Norfolk Neighborhood Watch is reaching out to City Staff and City Council on August 9th in a community and city effort to move the 2nd Precinct. We want to see the 2nd Precinct moved to the old South Norfolk Library site along Poindexter Street which is one of our main corridor street undergoing realization to improve one of Chesapeake oldest communities.
We know the move of the 2nd Precinct will improve the following.
- Enhance visibility for local Law Enforcement
- Improve access for Police to the interstate
- Generate more foot traffic for local businesses
- Foster a greater sense of security for citizens
- Promote economic growth on Poindexter Street
- Build a better relationship between residents & businesses
- Create better access for Marine Officers to our waterway
We are asking past, present and future residents of South Norfolk/Chesapeake to please consider coming out and supporting our efforts before City Council on August 9th 2016 at 6:30 P.M. in Council Chambers 1st floor Chesapeake City Hall 306 Cedar Rd, Chesapeake, VA 23322.