FEB. 26, 2020
NOTE: The South Norfolk Community Garden is reorganizing. If you want to get involved, please attend a meeting of the South Norfolk Neighborhood Watch, which meets quarterly at 6:15 p.m. at the South Norfolk Memorial Library, 801 Poindexter St. in the Gateway Building.
- Community Garden Hours:
Currently closed. Usually, Sunrise to Sunset
- Plots are $10 each per year.
- The GREEN garden plots are Private Plots reserved for individuals and families.
- The BROWN Community Plots that are open to all residents in the community for harvesting.
- The YELLOW box is for composting.
- Volunteers always welcome.
- Please use our contact form to request more information about the Community Garden.
• Maintain and enhance the property at 1014 Jefferson Street.
• Create new or repair 4 x 8 ft garden beds for volunteers to raise organic vegetables for their families.
• Donate garden grown vegetables to help support neighborhood soup kitchens and food banks.
• Maintain and expand the composting and rainwater collection systems to use in the garden and to provide an educational model to home gardeners.
• Monitor and maintain the southeastern edge of the property which is subject to runoff and erosion.
• Host events to provide healthy food, gardening, and environmental education to residents of the community.
Gardening requires lots of water — most of it in the form of perspiration.